Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week # 14

11:46 AM
Wow, sorry it's been so long. I have been using every ounce of energy to win this battle. The side effects really kicked in by week 8. I can't type a full thought in one sentence without going off track. Does that make sense? I can stare at the computer screen for hours.
  Around week   12, I hit a new low.  Nausea, headache ,vomiting, rapid heart rate,  back pain, joint pain, blurred vision you name it, it hurts.  I spent my second & final 12 hour stay in research yesterday. What a long painful day. I was dehydrated, so blood had to be 'DRAWN', literally. It was between 25-30 syringes taken over a 12 hour period. I vomited  twice there. Dr. Jen says my tests look good with the exception of the liver.
 AST -215 ALT-120.
Both these #'s should be below 47.
They have been coming down the last 3 draws so I am not too concerned with this. Dr Jen's first question " have you considered quitting?" "Yes," I replied .I have a couple times. Then I dismiss the thought. She then explains that because I was an RVR and considering the side effects, it's conceivable at this to consider 24 week Tx instead of going the 48. My cure rate will go from 97% to 81%. If I do only 24 weeks & I relapse…there is a promising new drug due out this summer. In 3-6 months results have been promising. I agreed to consider this, though, I believe that I should go the distance here, as long as health permits it. I can't cop out as long as I have the Lord on my side. I feel strong about my will to survive .My desire to  conquer  this dragon. As long as I keep this mindset, I can't go wrong.
 I am concerned however that  I can barely stand 5 mins without getting dizzy. My heart rate goes right up . Last night, just walking up 3 flights of stairs, I was in the bathroom gagging. I felt as though I would pass out. Every time I stood up I got dizzy. Later, I'm sitting in a chair when my lower abdomen started to burn. I stood up and said "I don't like the way I feel." Wayne stated, I hit the wall & fell in my bedroom doorway. I was babbling incoherently. I came to, throwing up as he was caring me to the toilet. He put a cold towel on my head & brought me through, what ever that was .I felt better after that. My poor Wayne was a nervous wreck. I will call Dr. Monica on Monday.
So, today is Wayne's birthday. He had to work:( I managed to bake some brownies….that's all…brownies.  Hey, I'm impressed I was able to do that & type this much. Take note at the time I began at the top. It is now nearing 1:oopm. Please forgive any brain fog that may have distorted my thoughts and/or words. I will try to come here more often
      Peace

1 comment:

  1. Oh Crystal,
    I really feel you on this one! I'm having so many of the same side effects, nausea, breathless, achy joints you name it. My doctor, although very open and understanding for the most part, seems to think that vomiting is an uncommon side effect. He'll usually suggest that maybe I've caught a bug. I know from reading other posts on websites and blogs that it's not that unusual. I know that for me I have to eat something in the morning, anything, even if food seems disgusting (which it does)
    Don't beat yourself up for not blogging every day we all do the best we can with this illness and every bit of information and encouragement that is shared is important!
    Hope you're hanging in there
    Peace,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete