Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My first appointment


Tuesday, September 07, 2010
10:00 AM
My first appointment was three hours long. Wayne met me there for support and to learn how to give me injections. I'm not ready to stick myself.  A lot of paperwork, blood work  and brain overload. This is what I was told to expect:

48 weeks of treatment
1000 mg Copegus  a day.  5-200 mg tablets(2 in the a.m., 3 in the p.m.)
180 ug/0-5 ml. 1 injection once a week(by my love)
2- 12 hour days spent at the hospital for research purposes(paid) :)
9-1 hour visits spread out over the next 48 weeks for blood draws & research
Side effects, lots of scary side effects!

These side effects almost scared me off. Though my faith in the Lord and my desire to grow old have me right here in the flight. I start treatment on Sept.17th with a 12 hour stay. This is done for two reasons; research, and to be sure I do not have a bad (first) reaction to the meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment