Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WEEK # 3

Wednesday, September 29, 2010
5:44 PM
                       This is week # 3. I have fared well thus far. I saw Dr. Monica(Physician)
 on Monday. She prescribed Trazadone 50mg for insomnia. 1-2 at bedtime. I have taken them for 2 nights now. First one, then the other:( This medication seems to agitate my RLS( Restless Leg Syndrome), can't win here. I did finally fall asleep at 3:30am this morning. Then, went back to bed at 6am after taking my meds & sending Wayne off to work. So, I have had a much better day today.
                      I had a blood draw at 11:00 am & met with Dr. Jen. By this time the group was to be randomly assigned either to have the dosage adjusted regularly, according to how much of the drug is in the system at the time of blood draws OR the dosage to remain stable throughout treatment.   I have been assigned to the group who's dosage does not change. Because my viral count was so high, I had hoped to be in the other group. God knows best.
                     I asked Dr. Jen if I could switch my injection day to Thursday. She said that was fine. I figure if I'm going to feel "spent" the following day & I'm NOT working right now, let it be on Friday rather than Saturday. This way it doesn't mess with the weekend, my only time to have fun with my sweetheart:) So, tomorrow night is the new injection night. Wayne has one more opportunity to stick me 'nice'. If he shoots it like a dart again, he's done ! I will inject myself next week! 
                  Went to my job today. The one that rehired me one month ago, knowing about the study & treatment.  Then, after  visually seeing how often my appointments at the hospital were, decided to have me resign. Well, I explained I feel great & my visits at UCH(University of Colorado Hospital) were going to be less frequent.  I could do my visits on my lunch hour, taking little or no time off work. I was asked "well when is your treatment done?"" Forty-eight weeks ",I replied. " well we'll keep you in mind at that time." how wonderful ! So, I am going to do my best to find part time work for now. I've been told, the busier  I stay, the better I will do through treatment. Besides, hate having to ask Wayne for everything:(
                 I'll be back here on Friday to let you know how injection 3 goes. Peace & God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment