Thursday, October 7, 2010

Week # 4

      I changed my injection date again. I thought with Wayne working 4-10's , we could enjoy 3 day weekends. So, last night I injected myself for the first time. I DID IT ! I DID IT ! Now I know why Dora the Explorer gets so excited ! It  was really easy. Wayne never gets to do it again, sorry Babe:(
     I cleaned house yesterday. It was hard ! What should take an hour, took me 7 ! Shortness of breath, another side effect. Energy gets spent quickly. I have to learn to pace myself. I'm not the energizer bunny I once was. I did sleep well and side effects from the shot were not as bad this week. My cough is getting worse. I found today that I could cry at the drop of a hat. Not sad cry though. Cries of joy, happy thoughts and peace. The emotions are definitely starting to change. Still I am very happy. I laugh many times a day. Great man, great family & even friends keep me going. Those who know me , know I love to laugh. It's contagious & we feed off each other. I can't imagine going through this alone.
    As for appetite, it's fading fast (side effect).I am finding I have to force myself to eat. I have lost 10 lbs. since Sept. 1st. Great huh? I like,digging in the closet for my skinny clothes BUT, not eating right will aid the meds in lowering my immune system...not good. I'm finding 'wetter' foods to be easier to swallow. Yogurt, soup, creamy things.
   No hair loss recognized...yet! My face is looking thinner. Still smiling. I hate to close here on this note, but I'm getting so sleepy I can't see the keyboard ! LOL Night my friends > I'll return soon. May God Bless you all with peace, love & happiness

    
   

5 comments:

  1. You seriously need to take it easy, Crystal! I can't wait for Rich to bring me out to CO. Spring isn't coming fast enough. Love you!!!

    ---Kelly---

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Love to you both :)Wish we were close enough to see each other all the time. I'm so glad to have this site & the comfort that you follow it. MUAH !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 4-week point of treatment is about when the emotions come to a head and you start crying at silly commercials on TV etc.
    Be strong, you can do this, I did it, anyone can.
    MYS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah Lucy, Today I am riding a roller coaster. It's ok though. Been venting on HCV Support & then laughing it up with The Nomands ! Thanks for following. Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete