Thursday, October 21, 2010

Week # 6

 6 down, 42 to go ! It doesn't hurt at all anymore. About a  1/2 hour after the shot, I felt 'brain fog'.  Took my meds to help sleep and off to bed.  I woke up at 4:00 a.m. I  had a peaceful night, other than  a little coughing. Today, I am tired. That's 'normal' these days. Itchy eyes, tender  throat, nasal congestion. No worse then any other shot. I felt  weakness / pain in my legs, easing up now. Of course, I am sitting on my bottom, relaxing  :-) Otherwise, the side effects (sx) haven't  gotten any worse. I do understand that at any time this may change. I will keep my positive attitude that it may NOT. My gums still hurt. I think I have gingivitis. It was probably there, and the meds have excelled the process. Dental problems are NOT mentioned in the sx. I did however learn from others, this is 'common' with these meds. The doctors are oblivious ! Or at least they pretend to be. I do know that I am at risk for infection with this going on. . My understanding is that infection could lead to taking a break from the meds. For me, this could jeopardize Tx completely. Because this is a clinical study, once you stop, I believe your OUT ! I called MCPN's dental clinic last Friday and again on Wednesday, left messages and no call back yet ! If I have to wait much longer, Wayne says he will take me to a dentist and pay the cost to make sure I get care. I carry this mental burden, that this poor man is going broke caring for me ! I know he loves me, but, he didn't say for better or for worse. And he is getting the worse !
     I was talking with a good friend (Penny) yesterday for hours, lol ! She pointed out to me that I have not posted enough here about the HCV and how it's effecting me. I agree, and it's nice to know that people ARE interested. We came to the conclusion I had been posting like it was Facebook. Only 420 characters allowed ! So I have been working on the blog today. Moving things around, creating separate pages, etc. I certainly appreciate any input you may have. Constructive criticism.. accepted gracefully, changes..considered.  I am still new to this.
    I would like to mention now, about support. My family & friends have ALWAYS been supportive. Through this, even more so. But, it is very hard for anyone to fully understand one's physical, emotional & mental state unless you have experienced it first hand. Whatever the illness.  So, right about the time I started this blog & treatment(Tx), I joined 2  support groups online. HCV Support and HepC Nomads. I can never  fully express my gratitude to these people. They are like family. Many have had this for 20+ years, treated successfully, are going through it or about to, are waiting for new treatments and non responders. All give great first hand experience and advice. I have learned much more from these wonderful people than all the doctors put together ! I'm not sure I could get through 48 weeks of  Tx with out all the beautiful people in my life. Thank you ALL & May God Bless you !
 
More posts to come

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Crystal, thanks for your blogg! I'm at my 5 week and I think I have gingivitis too... It hurts so much... Do you think it is due to the med?

    Love from Spain...

    ReplyDelete